Highly confused with my boss ?

Ok so I’ve been working where I am for a year an a few months co worker of mine that just started is getting promoted possibly over myself an he hasn’t done a lot of retail is this favoritism or wtf ? 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Workers are usually promoted due to initiative, productivity, ability to work as a team, and management potential. So, if anything, bosses favor those qualities, no matter who has them. 

Workers are not generally promoted over seniority in private enterprise - maybe they still can be promoted for seniority if they're civil servents, but that's about it. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Maybe he is a better at writing. 

• 1 month ago

Register receipts, customer input, schedule availability, interaction with authority.... there are a ton of reasons that one employee becomes a person the management becomes interested in promoting. What sort of other experience he has besides retail might be a huge benefit for him as well. "Favoritism" is often based on perceived merit and not on longevity. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Never ever NEVER get confused with the boss.  I'm not the boss.  Go ask someone else.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Dze
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

just the way it is .. you have to lick the boody correctly ..

• Bill
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Maybe he is a better at writing. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Oh look.  It's our confused "Why" troll with yet another sock puppet account.

As you've been told 1029837402193847210938 times, no one here is clairvoyant.  If you want to know why, you'll need to ask your fake boss.

Attachment image
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.