My A1C was 6.2 and my blood glucose was 200. Am I diabetic? Should I lower my blood sugar before it gets bad?

• Mark P

Id say no but ask your GP

--  Your A1C levels are within healthy levels, but your blood glucose levels are high. Anything below 200mg/dL is acceptable and anything between 200-239 is borderline, and you need to lower the figure by eating better. Anything over 240 is high and you would need to definitely see a doctor.

Your HbA1c (A1C) level of 6.2% indicates that you are not diabetic, sir, but you ARE pre-diabetic.

Edit:  You should totally ignore the information offered by Walter B as he is 100% INCORRECT!

Diabetes is diagnosed when your HbA1c level is 6.5% or higher.

Pre-diabetes is when your HbA1c level is between 5.7% and 6.4%.

A non-diabetic would have a HbA1c level of 5.6% or below.

You SHOULD still try to lower your HbA1c level, sir, by following a low carb diet, losing weight, if you need to, and taking more exercise, if you are able.

• Etta

Ask your doctor but when I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes it was 6 but if you stick to healthy eating and exercise you can lower it

What foods can I eat?

If this was a fasting blood glucose, it MAY be an indicator of a pre-diabetic condition. You should try to lower it. If you can get it now, then it will save you a lot of issues later on.