Anonymous

How to get my dad to stop scolding me?

I don't like it when he does that,he doesn't literally scold me he just talk to me in a serious tone that make me feel awful.I am a good girl and he is REALLY strict.I am not allowed to date or to have facebook or even go out with friends!

I just turned 15 and my dad treats me like a child.Ok I know I am basically a child but still he is too strict.Should i talk to him about it?

You are not old enough to have a boyfriend. Wait until you finish school or become 18. Tell him about your feelings. He is just protecting you. There are many pedophiles in Facebook.

I think you will find that it is impossible to control the behaviour of others. 

Your Dad would not scold you for doing as he wants.

• Alan H

It would be exceedingly unusual if, at age 15: you did not think you dad was too strict.

Now is not always.

In the meantime, concentrate on your studies.

You have two choices - say nothing and things will stay as they are; say something and things will either get better or get worse.

Your choice.

If you are a good girl, what is he scolding you about?

The best plan with parents like this is usually to pick one thing you'd like to be allowed to do. Present this to your parent(s) and ask what you can do to earn this privilege. Once you've accomplished that and earned that privilege pick another and do the same. Eventually you'll have proved you're willing to put in the work to have the things you want and your life with your strict parent will improve. 

• T J

Talk to him, start by asking if you can have a friend over. Start small with him. If he allows you a friend to visit, make sure your behavior is great. Do not give him a excuse to tell you no more visits.

Tell your mom about it, and perhaps he may be taking it far but just know his not doing it on purpose, he doing this maybe because he knows how kids are at 15 years old because he was once 15 old before and he just doesn’t want nothing bad like that happen to you

talking about it first must help..letting them know how u feel and assuring them that u are responsible...gaining their turst must be good