Anonymous

Read below?

I'm 15 years old and I want to apply for my first job but I have severe anxiety, does anyone have any tips on working with anxiety to help me deal? I'm just really determined to live my life not controlled by anxiety and the type of job I want can really help me with university and therefore my career, so this is really important to me! tia

Not everyone has anxiety. I've had it since I was 7, not just my teenage years. I'm not asking about how to deal with it in general, I'm asking how to WORK with it. What you're talking about is a confidence problem, not GAD, SAD, PTSD, OCD and PD. Your answer is extremely offensive to people who have REAL anxiety.  

I already take medication

Guess what!?  Every one has anxiety, it's just worse when you are a teenager.  One way to deal with it without medication:   Practice ACTING confidently.  Stand up tall, throw your shoulders back and pretend without overthinking it.  Pretty soon, you find yourself becoming less afraid and more confident.

Most of us would NEVER want to repeat the teen years with the hormones and peer pressure!   Fortunately it doesn't last long even though it feels like it.

• Maxi

" I'm just really determined to live my life not controlled by anxiety and the type of job I want can really help me with university and therefore my career, so this is really important to me!" ...........and that is what will drive you........ everyone has anxiety to some extent, now days living life online, attached to a phone, textings, snapchatting 'friends' instead of going out and speaking face to face, is causing more people to realise anxiety is an issue and the more remote distancing you practice daily will increase anxiety, so modern day society isn't helping you, it is helping to increase the anxiety......and anxiety is just fear of the unknown, once you start practicing what you fear, the fear goes as it is no longer 'unknown'...... so good on you, let your 'drive' lead you, learn about the company you want a job with as that gives you confidence as it is less 'unknowns' which trigger anxiety .... however ANY job will help you as all teach you team working skills, communicatin skills, problem solving skills and many put you in a position of face to face meeting the public, you could be taking money for goods sold, so that puts you in a position of trust and responsibility.....be presentable, polite, listen carefully and answer the question you are asked, most employers know and accept people applying are anxious and especially so for someone looking for their first job...... and try not to take rejection personal, we ALL get rejection at sometime so we all have to learn to deal with that, it is all part of growing up and adult life, so bounce back, think to yourself " it is their loss not employing me" and be ready to push yourself onto the next opportunity

• I have anxiety and I have a full time job but I'm much older then you are. I had panic and anxiety attacks a few years ago. Since being on medication (a type of welbutrin) I don't get them any more. 

If you're feeling overwhelmed by anxiety, then you should talk to a doctor and get on  some medication and look up some coping mechanisms that will help. Or you will end up having anxiety or panic attacks at work, been there they're not fun. 

You probably need medication, an SSRI or an OTC supplement called "Theanine".

Take 200mg up to 3 times a day on an empty stomach. Its cheap and effective.

You do NOT want a benzodiazepine.  Trust me. Getting off one is a nightmare.

(You cant get without a script anyway)