Canon Pixma MG7520 says "set the pc to start scanning" .  Help!?

Greetings,

I'm trying to get my Canon Pixma MG7520 to scan documents to my Windows 10 laptop.

When I push the touch panel on the printer, I receive the following error message:

"set the pc to start scanning"

How do I do that? Please advise.

Open the control panel, for Printers and devices, right click on the OK key.

Refer to page 600 in this Pixma MG7520 manual

• GA41

In your list of programs or possibly on your desktop, you will have a program called "Cannon MP Navigator".  Open this program and a dialog box will come up.  Click on auto Scan.  Place the document on the printer and click scan on the next dialog box that comes up on the computer.  Once the document is scanned, it will appear in the dialog box.  Highlight the document to save it as a .pdf.  From there you can print the file.

You also have an operators manual in your program list.  (Of course this assumes you have properly downloaded the printer driver)