Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 1 month ago

Why does my laptop randomly lock while I'm using it?

I have an Asus that I bought in 2015 and I still use it now. My laptop still generally works fine. I don't know what exact model and year it is, I just know that I bought it in 2015. Every know that, my laptop just looks by itself at random and when I unlock it, none of the windows that were open closed. I kinda timed it and it seems that my laptop randomly locks every 25 - 26 hours. It's very frustrating. I do have the latest Windows 10 and I do update my laptop's software whenever an update is available. Yeah so anyways, how do I fix this problem?

It's probably over 5 years old, time to upgrade.

the model number is on the label on the back.  you can then ask in Asus support pages, using exact model number and get a useful reply

If you don't know your model and year, it's highly likely you're missing BIOS updates that might resolve your issue.