Jake
Jake asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdoption · 1 month ago

My cousin recently found out she is adopted and ran away from her home?

She is 23 years old and her parents told her she was adopted. IT had something to do with her going to the Doctors and them getting a genetics thing and stuff.

Thing is she is really spoiled. Her parents spoiled her because they want her to be happy and not find out about her adoption. She is adopted form their 4th cousin I believe so still sort of blood related.

Anyways, my Uncle phoned me last night and said that she ran away and is now living at her boyfriends house and won't come home. I personally don't wanna help because of her attitude and how spoiled she is/was.

I told him "Look Uncle. Its not my business. Its not my problem. You decided to adopt her. You deal with it. Please do not get me involved". I hung up

• Ann

At 23, she didn't really "run away from home", but left voluntarily as an adult.  Her parents should have told her from the beginning that she was adopted, but they didn't, so they have to live with it.  You were correct that you don't need to get involved.  It's something their family will have to work out.

Right - it's not your business.

At 23 it's not running away, its moving out on your own. You said the correct thing to your uncle, its none of your business. 

She's 23 she can live where she wants