Could I have diabetes?

So last year I was 262 and I lost 80 pounds and got down to 180. In the beginning of this year I started going back to my old ways and I gained all my weight back that I lost. Was dealing with depression and lost my way. 

I’ve been trying to go back to eating healthy and exercising and so far it’s been successful. 

Should I get tested for diabetes?   

According to the findings recently published in PLoS One, a study of Veterans Affairs treatment data has found that blood samples taken during routine doctor visits may predict which patients will develop diabetes up to five years beforehand. Researchers reviewed the records of 942,446 U.S. veterans who were not diagnosed with diabetes and had three or more random plasma glucose level tests in a baseline year and had one or more primary care visits a year during 5 years of follow-up.

check out our site https://dlife.com/

• Shay

Every person should have an annual physical.  At the physical, a doctor will usually order blood work and check most basic body functions - like glucose levels and cholesterol levels among other things. 

Could you have diabetes - maybe - anything is possible - but only a doctor could tell you what you do or don't have.

• Etta

You wont know until you get tested, when I was diagnosed about 12 years ago I had no symptoms and was not overweight although I didn't do much exercise and there was no family history of diabetes.