My boiler doesn't turn on ?

The boiler for heating up the water does not turn on, makes a weird sound when I switch it on but doesn't do anything. Anyone know what the issue is.

The pressure bar shows these numbers, the black hand is on 0 and the red hand is on 1.2

• gerald

Its the water pressure the black hand should be 1.2 you need to open the pressure valve and let water in till it reaches1,2

• Barry

I assume the red hand is a fixed indicator. So you need to repressurise the boiler until the black hand matches the red hand. If you don't know how to do this Google the manual for your boiler.

I would say it's busticated.

Never seen a pressure dial with two needles/hands.

If one of them is on zero, it suggests that the boiler has blown the pressure relief valve. 

Do you have enough ability to top up the presure and observe what happens?

find a local handyman with some experience in this matter ... plainly, you have none and need his help.  And he's a lot cheaper than the technician