Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 1 month ago

will restaurants like Outback Steakhouse survive? who would want to go out to eat these days with Covid19 everywhere?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Goerge
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

I think they will because some people just can't cook nor do they value a homecooked meal for what it can bring. Infectious diseases have been around since long before humans and will outlive us as long as mother nature isn't dead herself from man's ignorance. The Spanish flu of 1918 took out 50 MILLION people and I can only assume people were scared $h|tless back then but we eventually returned to normal life. Sure it's scary to witness the birth of a new virus but with technology we will find a new norm where a newly married couple isn't forced to cook for themselves and we don't lose an entire industry of workers. 

There are infectious diseases all around us including the common cold so don't let SARS-CoV-2 get an inflated head. Tuberculosis kills 1.4 million people per year but people still find a way to live a normal life. AIDS? We'll find a vaccine and adjust to a new normal which won't have the human race homebound for the rest of its existence. 

• Willie
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

We call and order by phone, and they take our food to our vehicle and I mean every place that serves food.

• 1 month ago

Some will survive and others will not depending on how long the pandemic lasts.

• JOHN B
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I seldom went out to eat before covid. If I were to go out today, I would not be worried about covid. Life must go on.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Why would anyone go to an Outback Steakhouse anyways?    I've never understood that.   It's so easy to make a good steak dinner at home.  

When I pay for dinner I want to have something a bit more adventurous...something new or something I wouldn't be likely to try at home.

• God
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Some restaurants will fail due to the pandemic.  Some others will flourish.  Five years from now we will be back to our old selves again.

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The Outback is a restaurant for people that cannot cook a steak for themselves. But many restaurants now use their parking lots as a dining room-at least till the weather gets too cold. 

• 1 month ago

Our outback steak house is fine. During thesummer they made part of their parking lot outside dining with picnic tables. No inside allowed. Now that its cooled down, they do car side to go kind of like sonic. You can park and eat in designated spots. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.