Kat24 asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

Am I a horrible person for quitting my office job? ?

So this has been on my mind , been working during covid at a high stress job it’s in the medical field , ever since covid began the job started getting more stressful and people’s attitudes weren’t the greatest but I attributed it to stress but I felt like I kept getting attitudes and snippy comments here and there. So I know it’s important to brush things aside but I’m not that type of person , I carry around anxiety constantly. So I’ve had the thought at the back of my mind for awhile that I wanted something maybe part time less hours but I never looked, I kept staying at the job I was at , out of obligation. I’ve always felt the pressure to please others and be hard on myself when I made mistakes, I wasn’t taking care of myself in the long run. So when I went back to work during covid I felt intensely more stressed,I didn’t really have the best protection either. I found myself taking days here and there off for doctors appointments etc but I don’t think it was in excess. I ended up getting bruntly spoken to about that. Add in all this to my anxiety and stress that was building I decided to put my two weeks notice in, but then i started having panic attacks 

couldn’t breathe

I felt paralyzed by fear. I then changed my mind and abruptly quit I felt like I was doing the right thing but I also felt like a a hole at the same time. I understand that I will prob not get a good ref

Part of me feels guilty for doing what I did but I felt like my health was sending me red flags. 

You got to do what you Gotta do. The slave masters who they call supervisors on jobs aren’t really human beings anyway. Don’t worry if you hurt their feelings

No do what is best for you!