Is it fair to say that Australia is largely uninhabited?

Even today, Australia remains as one of the least densely populated areas in the world. Let's test this hypothesis. I'm just going to close my eyes and randomly point at an area of Australia. Okay, so the area I landed in doesn't even have a name. The coordinates are -25.889466, 129.312255. Someone drive out there and see how many people there are. Do it scientifically though, try and map out a square kilometer  as accurately as you can. When you work out that nobody is there, we can all agree on terra nullius.

Bingalee: Unlike yours, which is crowded.

Australia is the driest inhabited continent with scarce water resources. Nobody would argue that point.

I'm just not sure what yours is.

Australia, the smallest continent and one of the largest countries on Earth, lying between the Pacific and Indian oceans in the Southern Hemisphere. Australia’s capital is Canberra, located in the southeast between the larger and more important economic and cultural centres of Sydney and Melbourne.

• Fred

Spoken like a true ignorant city person.  Have you ever been outside the city.  Yes it may be many square kilometers to a person but little land in Australia does not have an inhabitant.  Stations out there still are stocked with animals and people still tend those animals..

Our Australia is going ok, worry about Boris killing all your countrymen with his non plan for Covid-19

Source(s): common sense

We should go fund you so you're able to afford the psychiatric treatment you obviously need, intensive therapy can't be cheap. You should also donate your brain to science when you die, so they find out wt-f is wrong with you.

I was there last week, this is all that is out there, do you know what it is

Tosser        .

Largely uninhabited like your head.

I would say the entire world realises the sparse population of Australia half wit

Haven't you got anything better to do than point at the middle of a Desert?