Car suddenly fix itself?

I drive an old (1997) jeep and earlier today my car started to lock up after hitting some paticularly bad pot holes. It was sluggish and felt like the breaks were on when it wasnt and was pulling really hard to the right side and there was a burning rubber smell so I immidiatly took it to the nearest mechanic. He called a few hours later telling me basically nothing was wrong and he didnt notice anything. 

What could have caused this and is this something that coulve fixed itself?? 

@arther 

Lol no i take really good care of it! Ive practically had the entire thing rebuilt 

If it locks up again you need to open the RF caliper bleeder screw to see if that unlocks the brake. If it does unlock it I'd replace the rubber brake line that attaches to the caliper. Brake lines can deteriorate internally and when you brake in stop and go traffic the bad hose will not allow the brake fluid pressure to release. After sitting the pressure slowly releases. Jeeps are also known for caliper slide pins seizing up.

• Andy C

Sounds like a brake failure.   Have them measure the pads next time for comparison for after it locks up. 

• F

I had a 2000 Cherokee . It was always locking up. By chance I overheard a conversation the service manager was having . The jist was the drums on the back brakes are too small. There’s hardly any clearance and the slightest touch locks them up. After writing to Jeep UK and they fitted new drums FOC but I don’t think it became an official recall.

It's spelled BRAKES dumbass. Enough said about that and your stupid question. Cars are not self-repairing.

• arther

Really he couldn't find 20 things worn out on a 23 year old jeep?

• James

One time my brother hit a wall with his car and the fender bent inward so badly that it was rubbing the tire. By the time he drove two miles home his tire was almost worn completely through and he had to have it replaced. Maybe your fender was shoved into the tire but suddenly popped back out and stopped rubbing. Maybe check your right side tire to see if it's worn in one spot