Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 month ago

When women have flings with and date men who demonstrate toxic masculinity, does it incentivize non-toxic men to emulate that behavior?

It shouldn't, since such men would generally be getting dates despite their toxic behavior, not because of their toxic behavior.

• bill

'Toxic masculinity' is a term that is in the same category as 'far right' describing all conservatives. False narrative.

No man in his right mind would have more than a superficial relationship with any woman who thinks half the world's population is "toxic".   Most of us might stick our tackle in crazy for fun now and then, but would never take craziness seriously in the long run.  Let the misandrists die alone since that seems to be their goal anyway.

• ?

If those "non-toxic men" are bereft of positive paternal role modeling, yeah, that probably does happen occasionally. This is one reason fathers are important. 

We are all “toxic”. We all sh*t, piss, etc 

Unless the woman runs her mouth off about her FWB's "toxic" behavior, how would the rest of man-dom know to "emulate" that type of behavior?  

That does logically follow (at least, if the "toxic" men are getting more than their non-"toxic" counterparts)

Keep in mind, however, that my definition of "toxic masculinity" (I tend to prefer "toxic male gender roles", to make it clearer that the problem is the social structures, not the men themselves) is... a lot narrower than some people seem to think.

To me, the term refers to, in essence, all the ways that society 1. rigidly defines "masculinity" to exclude anything, even basic emotions, socially coded as "feminine", and 2. attempts to strictly enforce said "masculinity" on basically any male-type person.  Simply being "traditionally" masculine of your own free will generally doesn't count.

"When women have flings with and date men who demonstrate toxic masculinity, does it incentivize non-toxic men to emulate that behavior?"

I think what you really mean is : Is it toxic femininity for women to reward male behaviour which works against women's best interests?  And the answer is, Yes.

But this is an age old problem as far as we can tell.  Women often (not all women, and not all the time) tend to choose "bad boys" despite their verbal pronouncements that they want "nice guys".  

The reality is this: For the most part, men act in whatever ways women want them to through the reward of sex.  If women -really- wanted nice, milquetoast, well behaved nice guys, then those are the guys they would give it up for.  And once that occurred, there would be a preponderance of those kind of guys.  Simple!

.

@Bill hahaha how did I manage to predict that as soon as I’d go on this question, the one existing answer would be you yet again with that lie in the exact same format. Also it’s funny how you draw me out and said you’d block me for not answering your questions yet you repeatedly don’t answer other. 

@Anonymous don’t listen to males like @Bill because he just labels any toxic masculinity he sees as “feminism” as he pretends it wasn’t an attempt to be masculine to begin with. 

To answer your question, sadly of course it does. I find it hard to understand how you didn’t already know this. When I was a clueless guy dressing like a teenager, smoking too much weed and acting angry and obnoxious, females treated me with way more respect no matter what. Fling, relationship, anything. Why? “Bad boy” nonsense.