Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

Is it legal for a 16 Year old to beat up 11 year olds?

My little sister came home from school crying because a because a bunch of boys were making fun of her today. Im about to go to the school yard and Throw them through the school gate. I need to know that I wont be committing a felony first. 

No and you will get in a lot of trouble if you do so. 

No. Please handle this in a well manner. Talk to the little boys nice. Start your conversation good. 

Anywhere in the civilized world, it is illegal to beat someone up. Age is irrelevant to that. What punishment they can receive is likely impacted by age, but not the legality of the act.

You won't be committing your FIRST felony. But you may well be planning your NEXT felony.

• Bruce

It is illegal for anyone to beat up anyone else, age is irrelevant. Is it a felony? That depends on state law, you didn't mention where this is. 

At 16, you could be trialed as an adult for assault.

In my state, simple battery is a misdemeanor.  If someone get hurt, or you use a weapon {like a gate) it escalates to a felony.

Troll...................................................

You could for sure be charged with assault and battery which may be a felony where you live.  My dad always taught us to thinks "sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me."  Good Advice.

If you assult them you're in trouble. I suggest  just walking up to them  say nothing and just follow  them they will shyt themselves 

Unless you kill one of them it is unlikely to be a felony, however it is illegal and will probably end with you in juvenile hall.