Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

Do you prefer making chicken salads with boneless chicken thighs or chicken breasts ?

Chicken thighs as they have way more flavor.

Chicken Breast is the best.

• denise

Usually boneless chicken breasts. I poach them in stock to keep them tender & moist.

• WOOWHO

i have a prefer  to purchase a WHOLE CHICKEN   and PRESSURE COOK  having a diversity of Fat content  and texture and taste  of body parts  and the bones used for BROTH   for soup and other dishes  its more economical

cut UP chicken or specialty  PARTS  tend to  is more   EXPENSIVE  than a whole chicken  USDA average $ 1.28 pound  for a whole chicken  to a BONELESS breast  $4.93   BONELESS chicken thigh ( lightest of the dark meat )  $3.99

I like chicken breasts but not everyone else does

Shredded chicken breast. Thighs are too greasy 

fried drumsticks meat is the best

• kswck2

Never like chicken thighs, don't really know why. Guess I just had to learn how to cook chicken breast where it wasn't dry

I typically make chicken salad from leftover chicken, usually a Rotisserie chicken so it is what ever is left on the carcass. I have made chicken salad from a whole cooked chicken so it is all of it not just breast or thighs. 

Depends on how it's cooked.

Chicken breast is awful if it's overcooked.