Can I bring my gun to New York City?

I don’t remember where I saw it but it went something like: if you work or have business in New York city you may be allowed to carry your handgun. But I am not too sure, can someone more informative help me out

Update:

Never mind, the law goes, if you have business within New York City, you may be allowed to apply for a New York firearms license.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

No, this isn't a red state........you don't get to carry your rifle into Walmarts. 

You need a permit to carry, and they only given to people with GOOD REASON to request one. 

"I want to look badass"......is not a good reason. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No, you cannot unless you have a special permit.

• 2 months ago

From what I saw on a report on John Stossel's channel on YouTube, it's probably best not to........ not even a minor component of one.... especially if you're flying in...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Xs_jrnmwoU

Youtube thumbnail

• 2 months ago

Permits are issued by the NYPD upon application and paying a fee scaled to the type and number of weapons to be covered by the permit.  Do not expect a response, which well could be a denial of permit, in less than six to eight months.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Ludwig
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes, as long as it is openly carried.

• 2 months ago

Er, no. Leave your gun at home. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.