Did the British do nothing for Australia?

Dildo thinks so. I'm expecting responses in English please, I don't understand Mandarin or Cantonese.

Update:

Australia when the Brits arrived: https://images.app.goo.gl/JWqBfwZE2c4a4rqn6

Australia today: https://images.app.goo.gl/KfP5Cb1a2qLBnAd39

Spot the difference

12 Answers

Relevance
  • F
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Well we discovered it. Is that not enough?

• 1 month ago

they introduced the Westminster system of government 

• Noddy
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

They gave us Marmite...

• Fred
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If the British had not decided to use Australia as a dumping ground for its criminals likely the French would have grabbed it.  When Governor Philips found Botany bay was not suitable for a colony due to lack of water he took a boat to scout for a better place and discovered what is now Sydney Harbour.  Upon his going back to the awaiting fleet in Botany bay he discovered a French ship loitering.  Governor Philips knew he had to move his fleet into Sydney Harbour quickly and claim the colony for Britain.  So likely had Britain had not sent the first fleet when they did likely Australians would all be speaking French.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Tosser        .

• 1 month ago

I agree with anonymous, oh wait  there's 2 anonymous answers, that's ok because i agree with both of them.

I still think some aussie has belted the shlt out of you or some aussie girl has laughed at you for you to be so transfixed on rubbishing Australians.

Take away the Australian, kiwi, Canadian and Indian forces out of WW1 and there would never have been a WW2 as Britain would be on their knees and be part of Germany.

• 1 month ago

thats progress......life moves on .British were real violent and cruel to people ..

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Why do you post here no one gives a shitabout anything you write. Nothing you write is true or of any relevance to Australia . Why spend so much time trying to bait people on the otherside of the world?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Raped, murdered, pillaged and plundered. They did this all around the world. Stolen artefacts in so many British museums and you act proud? You are extremely ignorant and naive on so many levels. Just go away with your repugnent lines of questioning, you silly little man.

• Ludwig
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

We invented the place.  Although we cannot be wholly responsible for the people who live there now,  as we relinquished the monopoly on sending criminals to live there in 1867.  All the ones who have gone there since were invited by the Australians themselves.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.