Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 month ago

Charges on a card that is no longer active?

Ok so about a month ago I made an account for stamps.com with no knowledge that they would charge me 17.99 a month! I had no idea that it was a trial until I got an email saying that they had a problem with my payment. I had gotten a new card a couple of weeks ago so this is why they couldn't charge my card. I had just canceled my account, Should I be worried about anything?

Update:

I canceled the stamps.com account right after I got the email, which was a couple of minutes after midnight. Stamps did not notify me that there was a service fee.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Aaron
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

if you worry that this will come back to haunt you ,you can go to the bank and cancel this service ,that way ,you will breathe a sign of relief 

• 1 month ago

You still have to pay what you owe.  Once you do that, nothing to worry about.

• 1 month ago

It's going to be on your credit report as unpaid.  Fix this pronto. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

"Should I be worried about anything?"

Not unless you've:

1)  Paid stamps.com what you owe; and

2)  Cancelled your stamps.com account.

Have you?   I can't tell from what you wrote.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Unless you can cancel your account after the free trial, then you need to keep paying monthly. Expired bank card or not.

If you don't pay, you will end up with late payment fees, and ultimately bad credit.

So yes, keep paying each month till you are able to cancel.. Or you will end up with something to worry about.

• 1 month ago

You don't get things for free just because the card isn't active.  You still need to cancel the stamps.com account, and you may have to pay for the one month.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.