Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 month ago

Savannah Guthrie tore Trump up in that town hall meeting? why or not? ( was fair? why?)?

Trump didnt seem angry? why? he knew q's? was it scripted & "WWE"?

• david

She attacked him relentlessly, interrupting him 61 times, making herself look like an attack dog and leaving Trump looking decent and civil by contrast.  My only criticism of him was that he could have articulated his answers better, but he did look healthy, alert and composed.  By contrast, Biden was asked a question and given all the time in the world while he went on senseless tangents, looking like a bumbling old fool. He rambled on for six minutes after one question.

Hitting him with the folding metal chair may have been going too far.

• Mrs. M

I didn't think she tore him apart, personally.  I thought she was incredibly rude and terribly annoying.  She would barely let him talk.  I think for a second she thought she was running for office.  But she isn't.

I thought Trump handled it quite well.  He has my vote.

• elhigh

She didn't tear him up, she asked questions Americans want answers to and didn't let him evade or distract.  She kept at him until he actually provided some kind of answer.

Those answers were often gibberish unfortunately, but she did her job well.

The whole idea of the debates was to get the candidates on the record about intended POLICY. 

But in the modern media market it has devolved into the talking heads taking "gotcha" shots at the candidate they don't personally support, while asking the "fluff" questions to the one they do support. 

It started back with Papa Bush and has only gotten worse with time. 

• J P

Here's a good look at one commenter completely ignorant of the comment that's just above his/her/their entry. (And the commenter, "kevin," asserts that "if you think Trump is a racist, hates women ... you have officially been Brain washed." But does "kevin" see the personality of the people who get and give more thumbs up in proportion to thumbs down than "kevin" gets? It's really sad to say, we have here the boldly rude and those who just choose not to look at what's going on. Those of us who understand that it's spelled "misled" and not "mislead" are Nazis--yes, that's what people call me if I try to teach someone basic English--and those who want women in the kitchen are heroes. If we go to war again and the women stay in the kitchen it might not work out as we hope. WWII should have taught this nation *something*!)

Blahblahblah's avatar

Blahblahblah

18 hours ago

Because she left the kitchen where she belongs.

6 [thumbs up]     3 [thumbs down]

kevin's avatar

kevin

22 hours ago

All she showed is the bias and race baiting idiot that has now become the Media. It really is sad how people can be mislead so easily. If you think Trump is a racist, hates women, and is in power to get rich, then you have officially been Brain washed. Yahoo is a part of this as well, they took down comments on their fake news stories, because people don't need to give their opinions. The Left is here to silence you, tell you how to think, and destroy our economy.. Wake up.

The facial expressions, tone and body language told the whole story about Guthrie.. Crazed with hate.. That's a liberal for ya.. 

LOL. Guthrie used Marxist interrogation tactics to make Trump look bad:

"Are you denouncing white supremacist?"

"Yes, I totally denounce them" (President has Jewish Grandchildren, btw)

"Ok, but you always seem so hesitant"

SRSLY. wtf do you expect. that he denounces them every 5 minutes or what? 

Some of those questions were so stupid, asked twenty times that you can clearly see it: What Guthrie wanted was not to find the truth, or talk about what makes the Country better, all she wanted was that, on the next day, all her colleagues would say "you did a great job against orange man bad". 

• Al

This undermines journalism, her responsibility is to ask questions that American citizens want to know, I don't agree with Trump on everything, but he is the leader of this country and deserves the same treatment other past leaders have been given, he should be asked tough questions, but they should be fair questions and the opponent should face the same rigorous questioning..... I believed to media was corrupt long before Trump, Ron Paul's presidential run really proved that to be true, Obama used the IRS as a weapon to harass Ron Paul supporters....and the media went along with it without question.

• Expat

She did a great job. Trump had NO IDEA about the questions and you could see him seething with anger when she was calling him out on his retweet about Biden supposedly ordering a hit on SEAL Team 6 to cover up not really killing Bin Laden and his trying "I don't know anything about Q Anon" as an excuse for not being willing to say their theory that the Democrats are being led by a bunch of satanic pedophiles and that he (Trump) is the savior of the world and sends secret messages to Q in code in his Tweets. As if in the 2 months he's been associated with them in the press he hasn't had time to ask anyone in his administration to look into them and give him a briefing so he can know more than "I don't know anything about them." He tried, "They're very against pedophiles!" as his defense of them. Pathetic!