Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesVisual ArtsPhotography · 1 month ago

How come 1- billion people have NO -electricity in the 21st. century ?  do you know ?

Because every time someone comes up with free, clean energy, they get silenced or bought or both. 

• Win

In case you're not aware of it but.....

we are in the 21st Century and....

I do have electricity.

• Zirp

because CAPITALISM only provides it when there's profits to be made. Where people are too poor to afford electricity, providing it would not bring any profits

As I wrote about a month ago - many 'basics' are not in the lives of many people in the world. Clean water, reliable food supplies, reasonable housing, reasonable employment conditions and pay.

The answers will be the same the next time you post that question.

Yes, clown, for exactly the same reasons I stated when I answered your inane question a few months ago.  Look back at the responses you got to see what I said.

• John

Wringing of hands, wringing of hands, oh me oh my much wringing of hands!

• Sumi

Why do keep on asking this question over and over again?  The answer is quite simple: lack of infrastructure.  Why is there a lack of infrastructure?  The answers to that question are many.  Chief among them is that many of these people live in sparse areas of the world thus making it unfeasible to setup electrical power plants and run the necessary cabling to them.

It takes infrastructure (such as transmission wires) to deliver electricity, and it takes money to build infrastructure. Many countries are too poor because of war or because of a small economy to have the money to invest in infrastructure. It also takes money to generate electricity.  Running water is a cheap source of energy to generate electricity but not all countries have rivers big enough to generate electricity.