Ben
Ben asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 1 month ago

If someone gets $50 in change from the cash register, they will more likely receive two $20 bills and a $10 bill than a $50 bill, right?

• ?

Probably right. $50s are under the drawer because there's no compartment for them so you'll be getting the least number of bills from the ones readily available.

likely to me, but you might as well get one $20 and three $10

I think they'd likely get $100 and be asked if they can break it. If not, they get to keep it. 

• drip

When a register is set up before opening it does not have $50 bills in it. 

I work in a smaller store. If I have a register with a $50 bill in it for an earlier customer and I have the opportunity to get rid of of it, I do.

I would say they are more likely to receive something other than. $50 bill. That doesn’t necessarily mean two 20’s and a 10.

No, they would likely receive 5,000 pennies. 

A good cashier would ask whether the customer would prefer big bills or smaller bills. Shops that sell less expensive merchandise tend to want to keep as many smaller bills on hand as possible because people usually pay with tens and twenties. Shops that sell more expensive merchandise regularly handle larger bills like fifties and hundreds. Do try and use your brain a bit once in a while, even though it's not much good to you.

Probably a bit higher than 50 : 50 chance.

Much would depend on what sort of store - corner store, supermarket, etc.

Yes. ................

i think thats how it happens

it sounds right