Ben
Lv 6
Ben asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 1 month ago

If someone gets $50 in change from the cash register, they will more likely receive two $20 bills and a $10 bill than a $50 bill, right?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Probably right. $50s are under the drawer because there's no compartment for them so you'll be getting the least number of bills from the ones readily available.

• 1 month ago

likely to me, but you might as well get one $20 and three $10

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I think they'd likely get $100 and be asked if they can break it. If not, they get to keep it. 

• drip
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

When a register is set up before opening it does not have $50 bills in it. 

I work in a smaller store. If I have a register with a $50 bill in it for an earlier customer and I have the opportunity to get rid of of it, I do.

I would say they are more likely to receive something other than. $50 bill. That doesn’t necessarily mean two 20’s and a 10.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

No, they would likely receive 5,000 pennies. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

A good cashier would ask whether the customer would prefer big bills or smaller bills. Shops that sell less expensive merchandise tend to want to keep as many smaller bills on hand as possible because people usually pay with tens and twenties. Shops that sell more expensive merchandise regularly handle larger bills like fifties and hundreds. Do try and use your brain a bit once in a while, even though it's not much good to you.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Probably a bit higher than 50 : 50 chance.

Much would depend on what sort of store - corner store, supermarket, etc.

• 1 month ago

Yes. ................

• 1 month ago

i think thats how it happens

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

it sounds right

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.