patricia asked in PetsCats · 1 month ago

is it cruel to have an indoor cat?

52 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

No.  Cats can adjust to being indoors only so long as their needs are being met.

But I've never met a cat that didn't enjoy a catio...

• 1 month ago

No, as long they are getting fed regularly and the physical activity that they need.

#cats

• 1 month ago

not as long as they are getting the attention and physical activity that they need.

• 1 month ago

not but dog i think

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • KTJoe
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Cats are safer indoors, to fragile to be running around outside. (FYI) Many think cats can run outside like dogs to poop. When cats can use an in house cat box loaded with cat litter for waste.

• 1 month ago

No. It is cruel that they have to be outside and get all the diseases and worms and fleas. 

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes, cats usually aren't satisfied unless they can get outside and roam around. They need mental stimulation.

• 1 month ago

Yes.  You are subjecting yourself to getting scratched, having the cat sit on your computer when you are trying to work, having the cat claw your furniture, and pooping everywhere.  Do not subject yourself to such cruelty.  Save a human! Don't get a cat!

P.S.  I think it is okay to have an indoor cat.  Just make sure to give them lots of attention, and play with them alot and love them alot.  Tell them they are a good kitty and just be with them.

• 1 month ago

I currently have two indoor cats, both were rescues 7 or 8 years ago.  Extremely unlikely either would still be alive were they to have lived those years on the street, facing diseases, raccoons, dogs (a dog killed two cats here five years ago), hit by cars, evil humans, lack of food, very cold weather.

• 1 month ago

Nope, my cats have only ever been indoors. Too many cat- haters out there.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.