What’s a good place in central Florida to live for a 23 year old?

I’m 23 and I’ve lived in Fort Lauderdale for the past 5 years and I’m ready to start fresh somewhere else. What are some cool places for people my age in central to north Florida? Some places that have some nightlife and maybe some cute girls lol.  I’m not a fan of the really wide open country areas. Tampa seems nice but any other ideas? Thanks.

Tampa/St Pete would be a good choice.

Go to a college town - Gainesville or Tallahassee.  

Tallahassee is very different than most of Florida.  It's hilly, lots of pine and oak trees. Lots of younger people there due to FSU as well as state government.  

I'm personally not impressed with Tampa proper.  It's like they roll up the sidewalks at 6PM.  I think everybody bugs out to St. Pete or Clearwater.

Orlando is less of a retirement destination than other parts of Florida, there seems to be a lot going on there.  However I suspect that unemployment is a huge problem in Orlando considering all the layoffs from Disney and Universal.  Just be aware that traffic in Orlando (I4) is TERRIBLE.

Problem with all the places listed above - no beach.  Going to the beach would involve a multi hour drive.