Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 2 months ago

Why is trump the first to make real progress on the Arab- Israel issue in several decades. What has he got that other Presidents didn't have?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

......................................................................A brain!

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Has he made real progress?   Given all the false starts over several decades I, for one, will 'watch this space' for a year or more before saying that there is real success.

If, over several years, things really do seem to have got going successfully then I will be ready to congratulate him.

• 2 months ago

He basically opens his mouth and utter crap comes out. He stirs up hatred and division with his ignorant comments.  He hasn't solved any of the issues in the Middle East, in fact he's likely created more chaos.

• david
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

The gumption to lie like no other. There has been no progress made. It's only regressed over there. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Elaine
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Look up your history.  A peace treaty between Egypt and Israel was signed when Carter was president.  That peace treaty remained intact after Sadat was assassinated. Jordan and Israel have had a peace treaty for decades.  Trump has not really accomplished anything in the Middle East.  Israel, Saudi Arabia,  and the Emirates have long had informal agreements.  As for this latest agreement signed at the White House with much fanfare Netanyahu is already reneging on the agreement regarding the West Bank settlements. 

• Matt
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

He has made ZERO progress. He didn't have Syria, Egypt, Turkey or Iran round the table. Without these key players, any Middle East agreement is a waste of time. Trump likes a photo opportunity, and he relies on stupid people taking his word for it instead of looking into the facts.

As for North Korea and China, please tell me what he has really achieved? He has given Kim legitimacy as a leader by meeting with him in person as an equal, and N Korea are still developing nuclear weapons. China have now stepped into the void left by America as a global leader. They continue to grow and advance as an economy and are now arguably better placed than they were before Trump became President. Trump's foreign policy has been an unmitigated disaster on all fronts

• Buzz
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

You tell us. I suspect you’ve made your mind up already 😂 

• 2 months ago

there were no real negotiations. it was all fake news.

Attachment image
  • Stilty
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Well if you call cringe levels of pandering to Israel progress... It's all a waste of time, as soon as American financial and arms aid ends Israel is a genocide waiting to happen, and nobody is gonna feel sorry for them and give them a state again that's a guarantee.

• joedlh
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

By pandering to the right-wing Israeli politicians and land-grabbers. Might I suggest that you describe your definition of "real progress"?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.