Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 2 months ago

how are kidney stones diagnosed?

does a urinalysis diagnose kidney stones? and how long do they take to pass naturally?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

October 2018 I had a uti and was given antibiotics which cleared it up, few weeks later I had another uti and more antibiotics, few months later another uti, this went on until November 2019 when I was in severe pain at left side, vomiting and burning when I peed and passing blood - ER done blood tests and found I had sepsis, xrays and scans showed a  large stone in middle of kidney and was oozing puss causing sepsis and I had a smaller stone in urethra - I had surgery to remove them in December 2019 - July 14th 2020 I had severe pain at left side and vomiting and constant peeing, I took painkillers which eased the pain and later that day I was peeing blood which I presume was either a small stone or gravel left after operation.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

the amount and type of pain is pretty telling

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

an ultrasonogram of the abdomen 

shows the kidney stones

• 2 months ago

A dip may indicate stones if there is blood and an obvious physical exam, they are very painful.. a CT is the diagnostic test.  Not all pass, they drop into the bladder and stay, some never pass, some small ones in a few days.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Don't worry.  You'll be able to tell.  At first, you think you're going to die; then you're afraid you're not.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.