Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 days ago

Is Trump operating with alternative facts when he said 85% of people wearing masks get CoVid?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 days ago

    No, but he's closer than you seem to think.  Maybe it's 85% of people wearing masks near a person who has COVID and isn't wearing a mask.  Which is why it's not enough to wear one; you also have to make sure everyone near you is wearing one too.

  • 7 days ago

    He's garbling the numbers and message, if he said that.  

    The fact is that over 70% of people who have gotten COVID-19 were wearing masks.  Just another data point that the efficacy of masks may not be as good as we've been told.Just like the claims from some quarters that the Wuhan coronavirus will somehow go away if we shut down enough.  Ain't gonna happen.  Might as well protect the most vulnerable (old people with co-morbidity factors like diabetes, asthma, COPD, heart disease, etc.) and get on with life.  

    Because when it finally passes, we still need an economy to go back to work in.  

  • Anonymous
    7 days ago

    No one sees/knows the actual moment one contracts the virus and sometimes the possibilities are endless. What is known are conclusive studies that indicate the mitigation behavior we're all familiar with significantly reduces the likelihood of contracting it. As it relates to what trump said, I learned long ago, if he's talking, I'm disbelieving. I change the channel when he speaks before he insults my intelligence.

  • Kathy
    Lv 7
    7 days ago

    He is telling his version of the facts, even though they are false.

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 7 days ago

    No thats the truth. A better question would be why do left wingers lie and act as if people who wear the mask have not gotten sick.

  • 7 days ago

    85% of Hospital admissions for COVID report the patients wore masks religiously and the remaining 15% say they wore masks most of the time .

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.