Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 month ago

If husband is in military & i work at Walmart. Christmas break am I allowed to go with him even if I don’t have pto? What will I have to do?

You suffer the consequences of being a Walmart employee.

You didn't provide ANY information that hints WHERE he will be, or if anyone can go with him.

I can state that even if you had paid time off accrued, Wal-mart is NOT legally required to allow you to use it at any given time. If you refuse to work when they TELL you to work, you can be fired 'for cause' and not be eligible for unemployment.

?: PTO = Paid time off, and is an EXTREMELY common term in ANY context where employment is hinted at.

• Mrsjvb

Go where?  His job has no bearing on whether or not YOU can take time off.  

That’s a question for your supervisor and manager.  

If he goes home during Christmas stand down he will have to do a quarantine when he comes back before reporting. If the leave is even approved because it is up to the command, where he is going and what the conditions are there for the outbreak. They can cancel the leave at anytime

If you decide to take time off unpaid (PTO is paid time off) and it is allowed you can have to do quarantine too when you come back.  You can also lose your job if they don’t approve it especially if you just started.  

• ?

What does the term "pto" mean. It's not a common term and the meaning is crucial to understanding your question.

Basically saying Christmas break he’s allowed to go home but I’m asking if I’m allowed to. Since I just started working there. Pto stands for personal time off, it’s very common for ppl in the work place.

you have a job, your husband being in the military does effect your time off in any way

• Daniel

Go with him where?

What does him being in the military have to do with anything?

This isn't a military question, it's a Walmart HR question, which can best be answered by your supervisor. 

UPDATE:  assuming that the anonymous answer is your attempt at updating your question (which is not the way to do it if you read the rules of the site), then this isn't a military question.  It is a Walmart HR question for your boss.  If you don't have PTO, then you aren't going anywhere unless they let you take leave without pay.