what would yours say?

My fiance said he would choose our unborn baby's life over mine if i needed an emergency abortion to live 

If i ever had that situation happen to me, i would leave him and get the abortion. Like the smarter people in the answers said, 

You could have another baby if you lived

It's not his choice to make

Terminate the relationship and get an abortion.

Both you and the baby would die if you didn't get one.

And i can't see myself dating somebody like that.

Source(s): The smart people in these answers, cannot believe some of you would choose a dead baby over a live wife
  • Lili

My husband made it quite clear that he would choose me.

And yes, we actually faced this.

If you needed an "emergency abortion to live," both you AND the baby would die if you didn't get one.

• Hayley

If I had a significant other and they said that to me, I would terminate the relationship. It is worrying how some people will put an unborn child over a woman's life. Doesn't her life matter?

• helene

I'm kind of old-fashioned. I would want my husband to choose me over anyone or anything.

So who's going to raise the baby-- his next wife?

Oddly enough - my husband and I did have this conversation.  He absolutely picked to save me over saving the baby if there was a choice to be made.  His reason was that if he had me - we could have another baby.  (or adopt a baby)

screw that, my woman is worth way more than a parasite that hasn't contributed in any way yet

Good thing that isnt his choice.

My partner and I are done having kids.   But he is sensible and rational.   Hed choose my life over a fetus.

Unborn fetus isnt viable until a certain age anyways..  You would need the mother in order for the fetus to survive. 

If mother's life is at risk..  So is the fetus 

• Rick B

I think most mothers would give up their life for their child's.  As a father, I would need to discuss it with my wife.  Generally, I would save the child over me or my wife.

It seems you chose a bastard of the first order.