Are they going to have the New Year's eve celebration in New York City this year?

With the ball drop and the crowds of people. are they? 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

well, here's the thing.............they'll probably tell people to stay away, and cancel any planned festivities.............but, people will surely show up just the same,  and I'd like to see them try to keep a million people or so out of the area  by force. 

Would it be a good idea to go, with Covid??  Of course not. 

But idiots abound, and some are  likely to think,   HEY!!!!! we can finally get a good spot !!!!!!!   and go anyway. 

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

no.....................

• 1 month ago

The ball drop and some entertainers allowed, but Times Square will be blocked to prevent any attempts at people gathering, just watch at home, warm, and near your restroom.

• DON W
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It would be madness to allow people from all over the country to stand packed tightly together for hours, which is the normal process.  That more or less guarantees spreading the pandemic.  

What I suspect they will do is to close off Times Square to everyone except a small number of performers and TV hosts, and permit them to broadcast the ball drop minus the normal crowds.  Sort of like the way baseball games have been broadcast.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Probably not given the pandemic.

• 1 month ago

I don't think they'll allow crowds.  They'll probably find somewhere to drop a ball without crowds so that they can show it on TV.

• 1 month ago

they might with a limited amount of people allowed or it might just be online live cam only. Good question

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.