Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 week ago

Did more people die in both world war 1 and world war 2 than covid 19?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • John
    Lv 5
    6 days ago

More people have died this year of Cancer, than of Chinese Flu (Covid 19) .

• 1 week ago

It's not even close. Between those two wars and the disease and famine that resulted, estimates are between 85 - 108 million total military and civilian deaths.

• 1 week ago

about the same hehe

• xyzzy
    Lv 7
    1 week ago

As of today 1.1 million deaths world wide have been attributed to Covid 19. 28.7 million were killed in WW1 and 73 million in WW2. Heck, China's Great Leap Forward killed between 30 and 55 million. The common flu causes up to 5 million cases of severe illness worldwide and kills up to 650,000 people every year, according to the World Health Organization.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 week ago

Another question that makes me think you HATE reason:

More than 624,000 people died in car crashes, easily eclipsing the 535,000 American military personnel who died in World War I and World War II. More than 30 million people were injured in those crashes.

IF WE ARE TALKING ABOUT DEATH then why do you exclude long-term things ?????

• John P
    Lv 7
    1 week ago

Indeed we have not yet seen the final death toll of Covid-19.   Numbers so far (18 Oct 2020) a little over 1 million.   One might imagine a figure overall by the end of next year approaching 2 million. 

Total figures for the two world wars depend on many factors which might or might not be taken into account, but at least 50 million, possibly as high as 100 million.

• 1 week ago

Yes............

• Anonymous
    1 week ago

Depends which country you are in. 

In Brazil, 2000 people died in the world wars, 

154,000 have died so far due to Covid 19.

• mokrie
    Lv 7
    1 week ago

Of course more died in those wars then from covid. WW1 had a toll of 19 million and then Spanish Flu killed up to 50 million more. WW2 had a toll of 70 million and then 20 to 28 million more from starvation due to the war. I haven't checked the covid death toll but I'm sure it doesn't compare. 

• 1 week ago

More died in WWII.  Fewer died in WWI.

The four biggest killers of Americans in our history have been

1.  The Civil War

2.  World War II

3.  The Spanish Flu epidemic of 1919

4.  COVID 19 in 2020

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.