Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 week ago

Are we living in the end times?

Here are some things that convince me we are.

Mathew 24:6,7,8: "And you will hear of wars and threats of wars, but don’t panic. Yes, these things must take place, but the end won’t follow immediately. Nation will go to war against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in many parts of the world. But all this is only the first of the birth pains, with more to come."

Real life examples - WW1&2, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, and now the war in the Middle East.

Luke 21:11: "There will be great earthquakes, and there will be famines and plagues in many lands, and there will be terrifying things and great miraculous signs from heaven."

Real life examples - the numerous people who are starving in all corners of the world. Plagues like Cancer, AIDS, and now COVID 19.

2nd Timothy 3:1-5: In the last days there will be very difficult times.For people will love only themselves and their money. They will be boastful and proud, scoffing at God, disobedient to their parents, and ungrateful. They will consider nothing sacred. They will be unloving and unforgiving; they will slander others and have no self-control. They will be cruel and hate what is good. They will betray their friends, be reckless, be puffed up with pride, and love pleasure rather than God. They will act religious, but they will reject the power that could make them godly. Stay away from people like that!"

Real life examples - Too many to go into specific detail, but look at society today, and tell me whether or not Paul's words to Timothy do not give an accurate description of what is going on now.

As far Luke 21:11, I forgot to add: Look at all the major earthquakes that have happened in the last two centuries, some leveling entire cities and more, like in India, and other places like that.

• 7 days ago

IF we are not JESUS made a mistake.

• 1 week ago

If the globalist win yes, the good book says we will survive 7 years with a world leader so if that is the direction we appear to be heading we will see that the world will end seven years after the world leader is in place. Now long it takes us to get to that point I do not know.

• jimmy
    1 week ago

LOL. Wars have been going on for centuries, and so have earthquakes. They will go on for more centuries. Don't believe all the BS in the bible. 600 year old men can't build arks, men can't live in whales and serpents can't speak. Any more questions I can help you with?

• 1 week ago

Please see the Bible’s answer to the question:  “What Is the Sign of “the Last Days,” or “End Times”?”

Click link below:  https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=5020161...

• Jake
    1 week ago

A person can better prepare for the end of the world by reciting the rosary every day with care and sincerity.

• 1 week ago

Unfortunately, people have felt they were living in the end times for over a thousand years. This happens because it is easy to see current events and to assume they are what was foretold.

• 1 week ago

Yes we are and the scriptures you showed are proof of it.

Those were not just signs of then but those prophecies have greater fullfillment in our day.

After it shows the sign of the last days that are also known as "the conclusion of the system of things" it speaks of a Great tribulation.(Matt.24:21)This great tribulation will end with Arrmegeddon as the bible prophecies.(Rev.16:15,16)

●How do we know that the bible was speaking of our time Also as greater fullfillment  when speaking of signs of The last days?

One way is by- 

Matthew 24:14-"And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come."(Matt.28:19,20)

This preaching work is  a sign of the last days that being in our days. No preaching work has ever occured earthwide as in our day. So along with the signs of the last days you mentioned Matt.24:14 speaks also of 'THE GOOD NEWS BEING PREACHED' throughout the entire earth.

Its like a Key piece that puts the puzzle together. 

●Who are preaching The good news of Gods Kingdom?

Jehovahs witnesses are preaching and warning people throughout the whole earth! No other religion on earth is doing the work we are doing because its only by Jehovah and his son that this could happen.

Isa.43:10-"“You are my witnesses,” declares Jehovah,“Yes, my servant whom I have chosen,"

If you would like to know how you can survive Arrmegeddon go to Jw.org and request a free home bible study that can be done  by phone or zoom. 

Soon your oppurtunity for survival will run out and...

"Only those calling on the name if Jehovah will be saved."-

Rom.10:13-15

Prov.2:20-22-

"So follow the way of good people And stay on the paths of the righteous, 

For only the upright will reside in the earth, And the blameless will remain in it.

As for the wicked, they will be cut off from the earth, And the treacherous will be torn away from it."

Source(s): 2 Tim.3:16
    1 week ago

Read this passage....

Matthew 24:34-35 KJV — Verily I say unto you, >>>This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.<<< Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Theres no way to misinterpret that definitive statement OF THE LORD.

These events began in 70 AD with the Roman destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple, and every single prophecy was completely and perfectly fulfilled a very long time ago.

Jesus speaking....

Matthew 16:28 KJV — Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, >>>till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.<<<

John was one of them that saw Jesus' return.

John 21:21-24 — Peter asked Jesus, “What about John, Lord?” Jesus replied, “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? As for you, follow me.” So the rumor spread among the community of believers that this disciple wouldn’t die. But that isn’t what Jesus said at all. He only said, “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you?” This disciple is the one who testifies to these events and has recorded them here. And we know that his account of these things is accurate.

Its all done. I welcome any additional questions you may have to aid in your understanding.

• Noddy
    1 week ago

There's fewer wars now than in any other time in history..and people who are not religious don't feel under any obligation to act religious...

• 1 week ago

Matthew 24:1-35 is about the fall of Jerusalem in 70AD. we have been in the end times since the resurrection of Jesus and the  Holy Spirit being poured out on the Apostles. everything that was prophceied about Jesus has come true we are only waiting on the Judgment day to come for death to be defeated once and for all and the Earth and the element to melt. Thanks for the question.