Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 month ago

Is it wrong for a parent to raise their biologically female child as a male and vice versa if it is something the children never asked for?

Legally and ethically not acceptable in any kinda way zxjfm

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

Entirely wrong.

Totally and absolutely wrong.  It would be child cruelty amounting to child abuse for a parent to do that to a child.

If the child feels unhappy in its present state, it should be gently helped, by professionals in that sort of thing, to sort itself out, and, if indications really are strong for a change of gender, be helped to change gender as a young adult. 

Yes. I'm not a bigot, but people should not be actively forcing the transgender lifestyle on children.

We need to do more to make sure that they are not constantly exposed to these anti-traditional lifestyles. Then far fewer people would grow up to become homosexuals and transgenders.

• L

Yes.  Growing up, I always wanted to get married and have a girl.  I grew up, got married and my first born was a boy. I loved him so much because he was my son.  My second born was a girl and I loved her because she was my daughter.  My third was a boy and I loved him because he was my son.  I NEVER forced any of them to be something they weren't.  They are all adults, with their own families, and I still love them all the same because they are my children.

• D50

Almost everyone abuses their kid by trying to get him to turn out a certain way. Religion, gender, sexual orientation, you name it. It's all wrong to a certain extent.

Absolutely.

______

• edward

Far be it from me to tell people how to parent thier kids.  Although i think yes, it is wrong

I can't definitively tell you yes or no.  Why?  Because no one has cornered the market on correct parenting.  There are all kinds of methods that can be successful, often not realized until the child becomes an adult.  What might seem like a bad idea when in childhood can turn out to be greatly beneficial to the eventual adult.

• Jill

Yes.