Can National Guard send me back to basic if the Army has discharged me?

I have gotten to BCT, and it was discovered i have a " disabled" joint. This was something already known. But the BCT insisted I get a second opinion I while I'm there. So I did, it then that they declare I am unfit for training and is chaptering me out. Ch 5-11. They said I'd never go to BCT for the Army because the joint,which has hardware already in it, is critical in the training process and if I go through with BCT I'm looking at a total failure in the joint/hardware. 

I convey this info to my unit. I'm informed they'll try for a waiver, but I don't understand I've been told no I can't go to BCT ever? Then I get told ill be sent home, they may change my MOS, then to be resent out to another base to do basic?.. any help here would be greatly appreciated. 

But the BCT insisted I get a second opinion I while I'm there.

FALSE. The BCT doesn't insist on getting a second opinion. Their doctors GIVE the second opinion.

they declare I am unfit for training and is chaptering me out.

Unfit for training in the Army is unfit for training in the Army National Guard. The training is not only identical, but in fact the same training by the same trainers alongside the same recruits.

Unless there is a material change in your medical condition, as soon as the recruiter sees your file, they won't even process the paperwork to request a wavier.

A change of MOS is IRRELEVANT. EVERY MOS has to go through the same BCT and if you are not fit for training, there is NO MOS for which you qualify.

By the attitude inherent in your question, I seriously doubt you will appreciate the TRUTH.

Are you trying to avoid voluntary service? 

That's easy, don't volunteer. 

• ?

You were separated from BCT by the US Army. Your state NG can apply for a waiver, but that would unlikely to be approved as you have already been  declared not fit to undergo BCT. Army BCT is BCT regardless of post that you undergo the training. If you can't complete BCT, changing your MOS won't help because all MOS's require that you complete BCT.

Possibly some other service would accept you with a waiver, but that's doubtful.

Source(s): "...they declare I am unfit for training and is chaptering me out. Ch 5-11. "
  • John

What is the reenlistment code on your DD-214? Better be RE-1.

This is a problem you created for yourself by not disclosing  your pre-existing medical issue before joining.

In addition to wasting everyone's time, including your own, you also wasted about $80,000 of hard earned tax payer's money with your bonehead move.

Source(s): Used to do entry level EPTS medical boards at Ft. Carson and Ft. Leonardwood.
  • Mrsjvb

You won’t be going to basic at all.  Your unit will begin the discharge paperwork. 

The unit can not override the decision made by the Doctors at BCT that you are unfit.  

your out, the guard an't keeping you

you need to ask them about it