Gino asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 2 months ago

Will I have trouble getting a mortgage if i am an authorized user?

Hi guys! So my score is around 745. I have a joint car account. No cosine an actual joint.

I have an Amazon card where I'm an authorized user with my girlfriend

I have my own credit card as well.

But I am wondering because I am an authorized user will they look at that as bad? Should I just cancel my name on it do you think that would help or should I stay put? Any input would be great

No.  An authorized user is not responsible for the bill, so it won't be a consideration.

Co-sign {cosine is a math term.} Car or card ??  Joints are illegal in some states. Otherwise you are fine.

i would hope not

authorized user has no credit effect because you have no financial responsibility for the debt.  It isn't credit extended to you.  

With a 745 score, you are good with the way it is

I don't think it shows as an authorized user. It shows on your credit as yours.

Of bigger issue is your income, time on job and down payment.

If you are reasonably qualified for the mortgage, it should make zero difference at all.