Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 month ago

Do women mind if us men check them out ?

This morning I went to a local laundromat because my wash machine at home went out and I seen this woman there who caught my eye. She looked to be older maybe 40-45 however her body was amazing looking. She had a big, perfectly round butt and was wearing some tight fitting hot pink spandex pants. 

I would try to look when she wasn’t looking and she caught me once. I got a little embarrassed to be honest however she didn’t look mad.  

I am 29 by the way. Tall height but average build. 

Lol, she's dressed to attract attention, so why would she get mad about you looking at her? A woman who wears hot pink tight fitting spandex pants wants to be looked at. Does the average woman want it? Some do, some don't. And some of the ones that do don't want to be leered at, just looked at. That is how I always felt.

Imma guess that if you're middle-aged and wearing hot pink spandex pants you're sort of inviting the male gaze. 

It depends on the woman. It used to be fairly common in this country. When I was growing up. But then again I’m kind of old. Nowadays you can’t be so sure if a woman is going to appreciate that. Then again you would think if they’re wearing skin tight clothing they were welcoming that kind of attention. But not always. You’d be surprised.

• Gorgia

Depends. It can be creepy at times. 

Some women are oblivious to everyone around them, others dress for attention and love it and other's just don't care either way and a few hate any kind of attention.  Looking is fine, but staring outright is not.

females enjoy being checked out by guys they are attracted to.

and females enjoy being checked out by guys they are not attracted to, because it gives them an excuse to berate/bully/humiliate them.

normal is the key

all normal people like to be looked at.. as a man I like when women look at me.. as well I like it when they look to see if I am looking,,, 

it is innocent enjoyment of being attractive even in average girl next door way 

women dress in low neck lines,. short skirts and most clear camel toe tight shorts 

no one would wear that if they did not want to be looked at

While there are prudes and they are not noticing often when you look  and they get no joy out of life and being appreciated SAD 

and there are both men and WOMEN who look in a less than comforting manner

but like looking at another mans car ... I can like it say: a corvette I like looking but I do not want to own one.  

I used to check out every woman and I really didn't care what women thought. In fact if they like you then they love the attention if they dont like you its creepy sexism.  These days I dont give them the attention and ego boost just take my foreign woman and my loads of money and ignore them.

If you’re a 6’5 chad with an athletic build. Women don’t mind. They actually prefer it. But if you’re a short 5’5 guy who’s also balding. They hate it. They will feel threatened by your existence and will call the cops if you dare approach that queen.  It’s not like women are shallow you know...

It depends on the woman. Personally, I don't like when men (or women) check me out. I don't dress in a provocative way for that specfic reason. It just makes me uncomfortable. I don't get mad and I wouldn't say anything, but I don't like people staring at me. I'm tall and thin so I don't have body issues or anything but it's just not a nice feeling being stared at. But I know a lot of attention-seeking women who do like it.

She may have liked the fact that a younger man was ogling her big a$$ booty. Quite a few like the attention and nothing’s wrong as long as you’re not violating her space.