Ethernet disconnects when I move laptop?

When I move the screen of my laptop down slightly, my ethernet connection drops for like 5 seconds and then connects again. Its a huge inconvenience when im streaming games. What's weird though is I can move the laptop screen UP, i can move the laptop itself and shake it and jiggle the ethernet cord where it connects to the laptop port, and there's no problem. The issue only occurs when I move the laptop screen down a little bit towards me. It happens at all different "angles" and it's also inconsistent like it doesnt happen every time i move it. Anyone have any thoughts on what's causing this / how to fix it? I'd really appreciate it, thanks!

thanks Adrian, i tried that but it did not solve the problem.

It might be physical problem

• Shadow

It might be a physical problem and not a software problem. The WiFi signal cables run into the laptop screen and up the sides. It may be that as you move the screen, the cable inside the laptop is pulled slightly and interferes with the network connections. Although those cable are for the WiFi, depending on the laptop, you may have a single controller board with both ethernet and WiFi network cards on it and the signal cables are loose and therefore drops the connection briefly.

Otherwise, the only way to see the problem would be to physically see the laptop and troubleshoot. 

Either the cable connection, to check if the cable is not making full contact. The other possible reason, is the jack has a bad solder connection, to the motherboard, or is lose!

Unfortunately, that sounds like something has cracked on the motherboard and the bending force as you move the screen down is opening some connections.

It could also just be a bad connector from the motherboard to another sub assembly, depending on how the machine is built, but the only way to find out would be to strip and rebuild the computer, cleaning and reseating all the connectors in the process.

try to replace ethernet cable.Might be one wire is opens in somee position.

• Adrian

It could be that the screen sensor is off, thinking you are closing the lid. That would start the process of turning off certain devices, including wifi adapters or Ethernet ports.

Check your power settings. Try to disable any "close lid" functions and disable any "sleep" or "Hibernate" functions, at least for now to test if this is happening.