Do you think an 8 year old should decide their gender?

As they play with their action figures and blocks?

Biden thinks its awesome!

What types of laws will Joe come up with to take the issue away from parents?

I have 4 kids.  Twin girls in 7th, a boy in 1st, and a girl in pre-K

1 week ago

8-year-olds should be free to play with whatever children toys they want. Who cares about what gender the toy is. Boys should be allowed to play if a pretty pink pony if they want and girls should be free to play with GI Joe. Why does it matter? As long as no one is pumping the kid with steroids or paying for surgery. Children should be free to play whatever children's toys they want and are should be free to discover who they are on their own. Once they become an adult and earn their own money they can do what they please with their hard earned money.

• Rick
    1 week ago

nope ..............................

• 1 week ago

Not specifically. Some children have a sense that they are "different" early on in life. Most settle into what ever nature has assigned them with little difficulty. There are some who need an element of fluidity to decide who and what they are. It is a rare 8 year old who understands and is able to vocalize that they feel misplaced, but it can happen. Counseling over a period of time is recommended before any life-altering decisions are made. You would want to be sure this isn't a passing "what-if" scenario. 

1 week ago

I'm gay but no.

• 1 week ago

No an 8 year old should not decide it's gender. Many transgenders later decide they made a mistake by changing their sex and regret it. An 8 year old is not mature enough to decide anything. Thats why parents must raise their children to maturity and once they reach adulthood they can deal with this at that time. This is not a Christian or non Christian issue. But most people do agree that if God gave you female or male body parts you should be happy with your gender and live a full life with perfectly functioning organs.

1 week ago

No, and I’m pretty liberal. But “no”. When did Biden say it was “awesome”? Just curious  

• 1 week ago

When I was 8 years old, I was not concerned with my gender. I was what I was and that was the end of it, I was not confused about myself. If children are confused about their gender, it would only be because they're under the impression that however they think or behave is out of alignment with kids who look like them. It's the job of the parent to ensure them that they are who they are and nothing changes that.

1 week ago

As opposed to what? ... a parent suppressing the child's natural behavior? I was born attracted to the opposite gender. What's hard to accept about the inclination a child is born to? I consider homophobes the monkey wrench in the equation. Biden doesn't want to give an 8 yr. old freedom to transgender you freak.

1 week ago

No. A child cannot understand the implications of such a major life changing decision.

What you as a parent can do however is to sit down with your child and discuss why they feel that way, and explain to them that no right now you cannot change your assigned gender but when you are older we can look into gender reassignment.  

Example, when my son was four he wanted to be a cat, does this mean we as parents should have allowed him to become one, purely because in his mind that's what he wishes to be? No. 

Alot of the problem comes from telling young children they're not allowed to play with a certain toy because it is a boys toy. (if child is a girl) or a girls toy (if child is a boy) so the chld begins to think maybe he or she is really the opposite gender. Let kids play with whatever toys they want as long as said toy is AGE APPROPRIATE. 

• Buzz
    1 week ago

You don’t decide your gender. You don’t get a say in it. You are what you are. It’s not a moral decision.