Ray asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 2 months ago

Do you separate underwear from shirts and pants when you do laundry?

Update:

I’m asking because I started wearing white boxer and I noticed how stained it becomes.. how I’m concerned about mixing my dirty underwear with my luxury shirts 

25 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Depends on how much I have to wash. 

If there's anything I could resell (if needed) for over 50 dollars it will be washed separately

also if there's something where colors might bleed onto a different color. Another thing to consider is washing by hand, then leaving either outside or near your AC to dry on its own.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

you should have got RED cotton underwear, then just toss it all in the wash together. All stains will be hidden.

• Ann
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I separate whites (underwear, towels, and kitchen rags) from colored clothes when washing.  No matter how expensive clothing is, colored clothes tend to leave white things dingy-looking.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No. Throw i everything.   I don’t worry at age 68. I throw out my underwear as I poop to much and I buy Hanes white ones 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Zany
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Underwear and socks and kitchen rags are filler for whatever is being washed. Old Kenmore 70 gets the job done!

• garry
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

you wear a shirt that is washed in the crap  on underwear , interesting , shirt must smell funny .

• drip
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes, I separate out everything. 

When I pay a lot for a garment I am going to wash it correctly so it lasts and keeps looking good.  I have sweaters and shirts I wash one by one in the gentle cycle, . My husband’s dress shirts have their own load. I wash his dress pants  by themselves. Jeans should not go in with much else. Denim is a heavy rough fabric, it can cause pilling and wear on other garments you put in with it.  

• 2 months ago

I don't separate by TYPE of clothing--only by color. If your underwear is that badly stained, consider using baby wipes instead of toilet paper. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

All goes in together, there is something wrong if things are not getting washed properly.

• Barry
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Buy some dark coloured boxers and the dilemma will not arise. Wash darks separately from whites.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.