Ray asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 2 months ago

Do you separate underwear from shirts and pants when you do laundry?

I’m asking because I started wearing white boxer and I noticed how stained it becomes.. how I’m concerned about mixing my dirty underwear with my luxury shirts 

Depends on how much I have to wash. 

If there's anything I could resell (if needed) for over 50 dollars it will be washed separately

also if there's something where colors might bleed onto a different color. Another thing to consider is washing by hand, then leaving either outside or near your AC to dry on its own.

you should have got RED cotton underwear, then just toss it all in the wash together. All stains will be hidden.

• Ann

I separate whites (underwear, towels, and kitchen rags) from colored clothes when washing.  No matter how expensive clothing is, colored clothes tend to leave white things dingy-looking.

No. Throw i everything.   I don’t worry at age 68. I throw out my underwear as I poop to much and I buy Hanes white ones 

• Zany

Underwear and socks and kitchen rags are filler for whatever is being washed. Old Kenmore 70 gets the job done!

• garry

you wear a shirt that is washed in the crap  on underwear , interesting , shirt must smell funny .

• drip

Yes, I separate out everything. 

When I pay a lot for a garment I am going to wash it correctly so it lasts and keeps looking good.  I have sweaters and shirts I wash one by one in the gentle cycle, . My husband’s dress shirts have their own load. I wash his dress pants  by themselves. Jeans should not go in with much else. Denim is a heavy rough fabric, it can cause pilling and wear on other garments you put in with it.  

I don't separate by TYPE of clothing--only by color. If your underwear is that badly stained, consider using baby wipes instead of toilet paper. 

All goes in together, there is something wrong if things are not getting washed properly.

• Barry

Buy some dark coloured boxers and the dilemma will not arise. Wash darks separately from whites.