Transfer Inkjet Printer Picture to Glass?

is there anyway that i can transfer and image to glass with an inkjet printer?  what i mean by that is transferring just the ink no paper or anything left over. i dont want to make a sticker i just want the ink on the glass and i only have the inkjet printer. does anyone have any ideas?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

You will have to scan or photograph the picture for a start. Once it is digitised into your computer you can then seek a store, service facility, etc, which can print into glass.  You will not be able to do that on your inkjet printer at home.

• 2 months ago

No, to put it simply; or not directly without something to hold the ink.

Inkjet ink only works as it is absorbed in to a porous surface. Once it has been absorbed, you cannot easily transfer it to anything else.

If you did get it to the glass, it would simply wipe off again as there is nothing for it to stick to.

The closest you could get would be either inkjet grade overhead projector film & laminate that to the glass, or waterslide transfer paper, which has a thin transparent layer to take the ink. Print it, then spray with a clear fixative.

Transfer paper has a water-soluble adhesive holding the clear layer in place which can be softened and released by damping the back of the sheet, then sliding the transparent film to a new surface.

eg.

https://modelshop.co.uk/Shop/Item/Decal-paper-inkj...

• 2 months ago

You need a special printer for that for crying out loud. A piece of glass will not feed through your $29 inkjet printer.

• 2 months ago

It's not possible to do directly with a domestic inkjet printer, that's because the medium, i.e. the paper, has to bend substantially to pass through the system. Glass won't do that. There is commercial professional equipment that could achieve it, but that's not what you're looking for.

I suggest you look into printing decals which can be applied to glass..

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • David
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I doubt this is possible with a domestic setup

I found this link but it isn't exactly what you are after

https://modpodgerocksblog.com/mod-podge-photo-tran...

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.