Book recommendation app that does not have a social media component?

I don't like Goodreads or Likewise, which are all about adding friends and seeing what they're reading. I just want book recommendations based on my own reading history. Are there any apps that do a good job of this?

It's easier if you just Google 'books like______', putting in a title of a book you liked.

But why do you need an app? Once upon a time people talked to their friends and family about books they'd enjoyed and would recommended to each other.

Or you could go to a library. It's the librarians' job to help people find books that they're likely to enjoy.

Or just go to a library and browse the shelves yourself. It's amazing what you can discover in an hour or two quietly taking a book off a shelf, reading the first page, putting it back if you don't feel drawn to it, finding another ...

Honestly. Nobody NEEDS an app.

• Andrew

A librarian would be able to assist you with that.