Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyTattoos · 1 month ago

A guy that I know who is straight got a biohazard tattoo then found out that a huge number of people assume he is HIV+?

Another female friend got a spade tattoo on her ankle and I had to explain to her why all these black guys were hitting on her now.

Shouldn't tattoo artists make sure people know about things like this before giving them tattoos that have other meanings to so many people?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

I have two large Playboy bunnies on my arms, and unfortunately many girls assume wrong things about me.

• 1 month ago

Most of the folks that get tats aren't the shiniest pennies in the jug...I think its funny AF when someone gets a tribal or Chinese tat, and it really translates to "Big Mac with fries" or something. Ha ha ha...

Its not the artists responsibility to administer an IQ test before inking up his clients, as long as they're not drunk off their butt or high as a kite, its on them: "Caveat emptor"

• 1 month ago

The tattoo artist might not know what the symbols stand for. It's up to the person getting the tattoo to do the research, if the T.A questioned every customer they'd soon go out of business.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Back in the bugchasing days, I got some biohazard temporary tatts . . . . . . led to some very interesting encounters - I still have the handcuffs & gear.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • kelvin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

why it's not there job to do that as that is your responsibility to look stuff up before you get it done

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It should be up to the person getting the tat to be informed of its meaning.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No.  If you want a tattoo, a permanent marking on your body, you are responsible to know what it might mean in different context. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.