Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceOther - Education · 1 month ago

I don't want to attend graduation, but my parents want me to?

I'm graduating next year and I just want my diploma. I don't care about going to a ceremony because I'm too shy. Hundreds of people will look at me. I have to walk across the stage in my cap and gown. I'm too shy to do it. But my parents want to take pictures there. What do I do?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Do it for your parents.  This is important to them.

• drip
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Trust not everyone is going to be looking at you. They are there for their own kid. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

This one came up over 6 months ago. 

The answer is the same - your parents supported you through college, so indulge them for just few hours of your lifetime, please.

• fcas80
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Do it for your parents.  This is important to them.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Not everybody will be staring at you because you’re not the only one graduating. They’re not just gonna drive over to your house and hand you the diploma. It’s something you earn. You gotta go and get it. 

You’re already almost done with high school. Now all you need to do next is attend the ceremony and then you will earn your diploma.

• 1 month ago

buckle up your courage and do it anyway

• Matt
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Man up and just do it. There will be lots of other students and people will only be watching you for about 10 seconds when you go and collect your diploma

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.