Seth asked in Arts & HumanitiesDancing · 1 month ago

Any tips for a 26 year old male who wants to learn pole dancing?

I want to learn how to pole dance mainly for the health benefits, and because it looks really, really fun. And I have so many questions. What's all the basics I need to get started? I also live in a small town, and the nearest studio that gives lessons is two hours away, so I'll need to learn by myself and at home. The problem with that is my house is pretty small, and I don't think there's enough room to install a pole and use it safely. Any tips on that? And lastly, are there any good online courses that covers the basics, and are simple enough for a beginner to understand? I know I'm asking a lot of questions, but I want to have all my bases covered before I start, so let me know if there's anything more I need to know. Thanks to anyone who answers this for your time!

You need classes . You can’t teach yourself the basics because you gotta use the right muscles. On your own you only build bad habits that will set you back. If you don’t have the right training and equipment you will just get injured.  Try doing pilates to build a strong body. That will help before the you start classes. You need a strong core for pole dancing as well as strong arms.  

I learned pole dancing from the song addict

• Goerge

Always have a spotter because you can easily break your neck or other body part.