Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsAllergies · 2 months ago

can someone explain where the particles are supposed to go when u wear a face mask?

My breath which comes out of my nose is supposed to go down the floor or am i supposed to swallow whatever comes out my nose?Surely the mask isn't gonna be seal tight for nothing to get out or else there wont be any oxygen coming in too.So i'm assuming the purpose is for anything coming out of the nose to go directly on the mask, leave sideways or fall down to the floor,right?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

You're splitting microscopic hairs. That's impossible to predict & it's pointless info anyway. Here's a cartoon that explains masks...

Attachment image
  • 2 months ago

The mist/droplets that you exhale and that carry the virus if you have them are captured by the cloth of your mask.  That's why you need to wash a used mask or replace one with a new mask.

Air molecules, mainly O2 and N2, are way smaller than the mist and droplets.  So the air you breath in comes through the cloth and the CO2 you breath out goes through it as well.

If you are wearing a mask properly, it will also cover your nose; so the exhaled moisture from your nose will also be captured by the mask cloth.  It will not fall to the floor as you aver.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Airborne droplets potentially  carrying the virus will be  restricted from spreading beyond the mask.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

They are trapped in the fibers of the mask. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.