Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsTVs · 2 months ago

Do some people buy streaming devices even tho their TV is a Smart TV?

I bought a Sony TV a couple of years ago and while it is a Smart TV, I'm not very pleased with how it functions. The Android platform on the TV is just plain slow and sluggish. Apps take a while to load and also, it's not very good with multi-tasking so if it's doing some work in the background while I'm watching a video, the video gets choppy. In fact, it's getting even slower as the apps and software get updated. I guess the hardware is just not powerful enough for the newer, updated apps and software, resulting in a very slow performance. I don't have this issue with a Roku, which is why I ended up buying a Roku. Considering that a Roku is so cheap, I figured why put up with the horrible Smart TV when I can get better streaming performance with a Roku.

Anyone else have the same issue with their Smart TV and ended up buying a streaming device?

• 1 day ago

Good Manuals and User Guides https://alotofmanuals.com/

I used to stream through my "smart" blu-ray player but got a Roku for the same reason. The blu-ray player was very slow and did not have all the channels I wanted. 

I bought an Apple TV even though my tv can stream.