Scarlet asked in PetsFish · 2 months ago

PLS HELP. ADOPTED SICK BETTA FISH!?

I adopted this fish from my friend's grandmother who didn't know what she was doing. 

I can't be too sure on what's wrong with him. Likely several things? Does this sound right : Fin rot (green fin tips and loss), injuries (that cuased the Popeye abscess and the one at his side), and fungus (the whiteness in his fins). 

I rlly want to start treatment to save him but I want to be sure on what it is and what I can do. There looks like there's alot wrong with him but I figure he's worth saving becuase he eats well and hes active- ish and I just have to treat his water. Pls help ;~;

Im so sorry. You need to euthanize him. drop him in ice water the shock will kill kill him. He is in reeally bad shape and suffering.

• Dave

It's toast, is it eating?

• kswck2

He is in bad shape. A broad based antibiotic or an antibiotic is probably not going to help. Pretty fish, but you may not be able to cure him.

That betta's very sick and probably suffering badly. The most humane thing to do would be to euthanize him. 

• ?

Here is a video from a man who has been working with fish for many years and who has his own store and fish breeding operation in his home.  He's very helpful.  

His treatment for ailing fish works well, but the truth is, if your betta is that ill, it may die anyway.  

Here is the video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiPsTVtW77I

Youtube thumbnail

&ab_channel=AquariumCo-Op

please take this question to fishlore.com 

Holy crap...

call up a vet or ask your pet store...

quickly!!!