Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesOther - United States · 1 month ago

Is it okay to skip family vacation?

Im 16 and for fall break we get a few days off. My parents tried to surprise me and my brother with a trip to Gatlinburg. Normally, this would be great and i'd love to go, but I already made lots of plans with friends. They didn't ask before they reserved the hotel, and I'm scared to tell them that I'd rather not go. P.S. My family and I have gone to Gatlinburg every year since I was six.. I just wanna make some new memories. 

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Family is love dude. If they wanted to surprise you, you need to go with them. 

• 1 month ago

You're just a punk-*** kid.  You don't get to make any decisions.

• 1 month ago

To be safe from Corona, it is the only idea is to skip the family vacation. You can do this when everything getting normal.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Just ask but be prepared if they say no. If you have proven your self to be responsible enough to take of their house then they could say yes . 

I went through this when I was your age . I wasn’t allowed to,stay on my own for more than a couple of days . 

Just ask they won’t harm you just don’t get angry if they say no. If you get angry it will just prove your not ready to stay on your own .

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I have been to Gatlinburg,  I would like to go again, but I don't understand going every year.  Ask them if you can stay home.

• 1 month ago

At 16 it's your parent's decision to make, not yours but you can express your wishes.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

We're not your parents. You'd have to talk to them and ask them if it's okay. Our opinions on this don't matter as we're not responsible for raising you. 

• drip
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Why didn’t you tell them of your plans? just tell them and ask to stay home.

In this pandemic why are you all making plans anyways?   The virus is still out there. Numbers are still going up.

• 1 month ago

You're 16; you're legally a child. Your parents won't allow you to stay home on your own. So it's not really up to you. 

Also; if you've been every year for the last decade, why is it a surprise? Surely it's an inevitability that you could have predicted. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.