If I am on birth control do I need a condom?

My partner and I have never done anything more than kissing other people with clothes on and haven’t shared needles with others- we are sexually active and i am on the pill and other than for extra safety will i need to use a condom? Is there any other reason we would have an sti or std or are we in the clear?

• Being sexually active means you've had sex before. Since all you've done is kissing, and you haven't had sex that isn't being sexually active. 

Birth control only prevents pregnancy. It doesn't prevent stds or HIV. If you don't want to use condoms (if your partner has had unprotected sex before) talk to your partner and ask them to get an std test done. Also make sure they can be faith full to you. 

If you're both virgins (both of you haven't had intercourse or oral sex before), then you shouldn't have to use condoms. Stds are not likely to be passed out side of having sex. 

• Tavy

If you trust your partner you don't need a condom.

• y

You have no real idea as to where he/she has actually been. STD testing only catches a small number of STD's that are actually out there. Many of the HPV strains show no signs and are not caught by testing.  Yes, use the damn condom.

You dont need one for birth control, but you never know about someone's STI history, unless they and you test together and no one fools around.