Brittney asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 2 months ago

Can I wear makeup tomorrow during my dentist appointment?

I suppose to be wearing my mask on at all times during covid-19 anyway and if I put lipstick on I'm afraid it's going to get on everything and even if I'm getting my teeth pulled so it's best not to wear nothing on my face like foundation, concealer,blush powder and lip gloss if it going to get on the dentist gloves while they are working 

I don't wear makeup when I go to the dentist, even during pre-Covid times. 

Certainly not lipstick or lip-gloss. 

Also didn't like to wear eye makeup there, because the drugs can make your eyes water, plus half of your face may be numb all day when you come out. 

Best to check with the dentist. Presumably you will not be wearing a mask when the dentist examines and works on your teeth.

He will probably put you to sleep and slip his dingus in your mouth anyway

• L

When at a dental appointment; you remove the mask once you enter the exam room.  NO lip stick but all other makeup is okay.  

A while back, I had a Dental Cleaning.  I took the mask off once I was in the exam room, they hygienist gave me a cup with mouth wash in it.....I had to swish the mouth wash around (in my mouth) for 30-seconds and then spit it out.  Then she repeated it all again.............and then began cleaning my teeth.

some light under eye concealer on face, perhaps fill in brows if you do that. Put the lipstick on the next day instead.

Good look getting teeth pulled :) You will do fine, no worries.

It's probably best not to wear any makeup. Dentists commonly use water syringes, among other things (saliva ejector & air syringe) which can splash water onto the lips and face. So wearing makeup, especially anything on the lips, will just come off during the dental procedure anyway. Depending on the type of work you'll be getting done, you can have leftover residue on your lips and mouth area. 

I recently went to my dentist to get a cavity filling and afterwards I had blue stuff all over my lips from the articulating paper. Also, my dentist always gives a warm towel after she's done, so I can wipe away any residue. So just imagine if I had makeup on my face, how much would be removed after using that towel. 

• drip

You don’t wear lipstick to the dentist. Mask or no mask. That includes lip gloss.

• Audrey

No lipstick. But why bother anyway? No one can see the bottom half of your face wearing a freaking mask.

• Eva

Don't wear lipstick or lip gloss. Concealer would be ok, but skip the heavy foundation.

Yeah, you can if you want but it might smear off the dentist's gloves.